Saturday, May 22:
- Michigan Department of Transportation’s TRAC Programs from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Build a Bridge -- Visitors will use their algebra, geometry and physics knowledge to design and construct a computer-simulated bridge.
- Magnetic Levitation -- Visitors will use magnetic levitation cars while learning about Newton’s First and Second Laws of Motion.
- Bridge Building Contests at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. – visitors will compete and test their skills building a bridge out of straws. Each participant will be given a set amount of materials and will need to use engineering ingenuity to build a bridge that holds the most weight.
- Hovercraft Activities from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. -- Visitors will be able to build and take home a miniature hovercraft out of recycled materials.
- Bernoulli’s Principles / Paper Airplane Activities from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. -- Visitors will create paper airplanes and learn how Bernoulli’s Principles affect air travel.
- Learn about alternative transportation fuels with the Detroit Science Center’s newest exhibit, Next Gen Fuels. Learn how the alternative fuels of the future can revolutionize how we operate our cars.
- Check out the Motorsports Hall of Fame, now at the Detroit Science Center